Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Deeeaaammm, Jada killed this ish!!!

My homie sent me this new track today, "Soldiers Survivors" by Jadakiss featuring Nas and Sheek Louch (just those three names alone should make any real heads stand at attention) off Jada's new mixtape The Champ Is Here Vol. 3. The subject of my boy's email was "Nas murked this!!". Yo, I love Nas, he's at or close to the top of my favorite MCs list, and no artist has been more influential on my rhymes..... but Nas' verse was just aiiiiight.

Jada on the other had, oooooh my gooooodddd!! I was gonna put some of his punch lines here, but the verse is damn near a 16-bar punch line in itself. Am I buggin, or did this verse kill 99% of the flows that Jada spit on his actual album? And I was kinda feelin that LP too. Here's some of Jada's quotables:

Not a killa, nah I'm in the villa chillin out/ With ur girl pourin coconut Ciroc in her mouth.

Bumpy Johnson was rich but he wasn't wealthy/ money ain't everything, you happier when you healthy

Right there in front of ur momma, you get pounded/ treat the track like Rihanna and Chris Brown-it!!!

I mean c'mon, and those three quotes didn't come close to doing the verse justice. The way he set them up with his rhyme patterns, and the rest of the lines, straight fiiire!!

Oh, and not to be outdone, Sheek Louch, the master of taking a simple ass line and saying it so that it sounds like the dopest thing ever, finished his verse like this:

Don, 357 long/ Put the hammer in your mouth...trey songs

Hahahah. Nas probably had the weakest verse on the track, and that sentence by itself should let you know the caliber of rhymes being spit. The dopeness of this track also made me NOT listen to the rest of the tracks on YouTube. I'm waitin to get this mixtape as legit MP3s so I can twist up and listen to it properly. Link is below. Enjoy. And ur welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment