Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

Is I.Sheik gonna have to slap a b!#ch?!?!

In the space of 1 day, I went from never having heard of 23-year-old Persian-French tennis player Aravane Rezai, to having a favorite tennis player for the first time in my life, to wanting so slap some sense in her ignorant young ass. How the hell did that all that happen in a day? Well here's the breakdown.

Late yesterday morning, I get some emails that some Persian chick upset Venus Williams in the finals of the Madrid Open. Dizzam!!! I didn't know we had Persian tennis players, and she slapped Venus in two sets?!?! I had to google it right away, and I saw her standing with her trophy in hand.
Not too long after that, I am on the air co-hosting Iranican Live (if you couldn't figure it out from the title, its a talk show about Persian-Americans) and one of the other hosts tells me about a YouTube video of Rezai and her mom in Iran, gushing over how they just got to speak with punk-ass "President" Ahmadinejad. The young brainless broad starts going off about how he's upholding the pride of our country, and (here's the clincher) she gets f*%kin teary-eyed while talking about this murderous SOB (watch the clip, disgusting):


Now there have been some reports that she just talks all that pro-government garbage cuz she's in the public eye and she wants her mom to be able to travel back-and-forth to Iran safely, but at a time like this, there is very little room for these "shades of grey", especially when you're a public figure. You want your family to be safe? You don't want trouble? You don't do politics? Fine. Keep your mouth shut. Don't espouse this type of crap and expect to get a free pass. Like I said, no shades of grey, either you're down for the cause or you're not.

Then there's the other option, just as likely, that this chick is actually brainwashed enough to believe that stuff she was saying, which obviously is a hundred times worse.

Either way, no free pass. So congratulations Aravane, you just went from my favorite tennis player to my least favorite tennis player in the span of 6 hours. I hope you accidentaly mess up Serena's hair at the French Open and she puts you in a damn headlock!!